Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Chores for Pay (part 2)


I had hoped to be farther along with our Family Job Chart by now, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with slow progress...as long as you're still moving forward.  Right?

I am lucky to have a handful of pocket charts at my disposal (thank you Craigslist!), and I think my Smiley/Happy pocket chart is the right one for the task at hand.  Not only is it large enough to put everything I need in it, it's also cheerful and encouraging to look at.  Yay!


While drawing with Gummi Bear, this afternoon, I came up with a little doodle version of the three of us.


She liked them so much she asked me to cut them out and "make them dolls to play with".  Despite their delicate nature, they survived a brief romp in her Kinetic Sand box, and when she was done with them she stuck them in the pocket chart.  Seeing them in the chart inspired me to use them for our Family Job Chart.


They were a little too floppy for the shallow pockets on the Smiley/Happy chart, so I decided to reinforce them with popsicle sticks.  Once they are dry, I will start putting together our 1st ever Family Job Chart...then we can begin our journey of paying our child for the labor we once got for free.  Hee-hee!

- Angel

No comments: