Friday, January 6, 2017


I apologize for neglecting this blog.  Not that it was the most riveting piece of literature around, but it certainly helped me keep track of my adventures in motherhood.  Gummi Bear is now 6.5yrs old, has short hair and wears eyeglasses.  A lot has happened since my last entry, and I will attempt to update you all now...

As for our chickens, we have lost one to heat and two to predators, since my last entry.  We are now down to 4 hens.  They seem content in their old age, but the egg production has slowed and I have recently begun to think about replacing our dearly departed feather babies with a younger lot (bringing us back up to 10 hens).  We shall see.

Gymnastics was a big hit...until Gummi Bear fractured her ankle the day after her 5th birthday (during her birthday party, no less).  She took a little over a year off from any physical classes, and has now been doing Tae Kwon Do and Singer's Company since the summer.  She loves kicking butt and performing on stage.

As for home school or public school, my husband and I totally chose to continue to home school.  Gummi Bear is super smart and super social, and we have found ourselves a handful of great home school groups in the area.  She has more friends than I did, at this age...and I went to public school & daycare.  Ha-ha!  She is also part of a home school Co-Op.  She takes science, history and art in this Co-Op, and 1/2 of the classes she is in do not have me in them.  She loves the opportunity to come tell me what she did in class, or what homework she had been assigned.  And I love it too!

Well...that is what has happened to us since I last posted...more or less.  It is a little after Midnight, and I think I'd better decide if I am going to stay up and get some laundry done, or head for bed.

Now that I have rediscovered my own blog, I intend on writing much more often...stay tuned.  :)

- Angel

No comments: